Befriending Support Program
Do you sometimes just need a friend to talk to or to encourage you when the going gets tough? A DOT Befriender can be your guide and companion on your back-to-work journey!
Role of a Befriender
- Positive friendship.
She’s someone who has your best interests at heart. An encouraging voice and a listening ear.
- Understands your strengths and difficulties, connects you to help and resources e.g. classes, workshops and suitable jobs.
- First point of contact when you have a question or a problem.
She is NOT
- your Social Worker. She is unable to help you with HDB issues or Financial Assistance. Please check with your FSC/SSO Social Worker for help.
- entitled to loan or give money.
- a childcare worker.
How the program works?
- Initial face to face meeting.
- Follow up conversations via phone calls, messaging or in person.
For enquiries or feedback about your Befriending experience, please contact Kanak at Kanak@DaughtersOfTomorrow.org or call 9106 7553.
To volunteer as a Befriender, please click here.